We may send enforcement agents to your home to take control of goods to sell.
The money raised goes towards paying your debt plus the recovery costs. The enforcement agent will send you a letter before their first visit stating how much you owe and ask for payment within seven days.
You can contact the enforcement agent and offer to come to an agreement on payment. It is important to do this as soon as your receive their letter to minimise fees that will be added to your bill.
Enforcement agents we use
The Council employs the following Enforcement Agents:
Bristow and Sutor
Address: Barfleet Road, Washford, Redditch, Worcestershire B98 0FL
- Phone: 0330 390 2010
- Visit the Bristow and Sutor website (external link)
Address: Welfare Team, Paragon House Paragon Business, Chorley New Rd, Horwich, Bolton BL6 6HG
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail)
- Visit the CDER group website (external link)
- Phone (enquiries): 0330 107 0023
- Phone (payment line): 0330 1070 023
Address: Chandlers House, 2 Southlands Road, Bromley, Kent, BR2 9QP
- Email: email@example.com (link sends email)
- Visit the Chandlers Limited website (external link)
- Phone (enquiries): 020 8290 5055
- Phone (payment line): 0845 527 7958
Fees for enforcement agents
When a debt is passed to an enforcement agent the additional fees payable are;
This is from the date of receipt of instruction by enforcement agent until before first visit:
This is from the date of the first visit:
- £235 (plus 7.5% of amount above £1,500, if the debt is above £1,500)
£110 (plus 7.5% of amount above £1,500, if the debt is above £1,500) plus the debtor has to pay storage, auctioneer's and other fees.