Council Tax discounts

You might be entitled to a reduction in your Council Tax, or be exempt from paying Council Tax.

Disabled person reduction

If you, or someone who lives with you is disabled you may qualify for a reduction in your Council Tax.

Your property must have at least one of the following:

  • a room, other than a bathroom, kitchen or toilet used mainly by and required for the disabled person
  • a second bathroom or kitchen required for the disabled person.
  • extra space inside the property to allow the use of a wheelchair

If you are entitled to this reduction the Council Tax will be reduced to that of a property in the valuation band below the one your property is currently in or in the case of band A properties, reduced by a fixed proportion of the band D charge.

Apply for a disabled band reduction

This reduction cannot be claimed online as the form has to be signed by your GP. If you wish to claim this reduction please email (link sends email).

Once we have all the relevant information, we will contact you to arrange an inspection of your property.