Permitted development, dropped kerbs and general enquiries

Advice on permitted development rights, dropped kerbs and general enquiries.

Permitted development

Please use the Planning Portal Interactive House Guides (external link) to find out whether you need planning permission.

The government has also published a householder technical guide which can be viewed on the GOV.UK website (external link)

Please note we do not provide informal advice as to whether planning permission is required. We’d advise you to apply for a Lawful Development Certificate.

Dropped kerbs

For a crossover or dropped kerb onto any road you must firstly contact Surrey Heath Borough Council for confirmation as to whether planning permission is required. Please note, if your road is classified for example, an A road you will require planning permission for a crossover or dropped kerb.

For further information, please contact the Development Control team. 

General enquiries

If you have any further enquiries, not covered by the paid pre-application service, then please email the Development Control team. 

Contact Development Control