Surrey Heath Borough Council is to review the proposal to update parking fees and facilities across the area.
The goals of this parking strategy include:
- Making car parks safer and more convenient for residents and visitors.
- Modernising payment stations to make paying for parking quicker and easier.
- Ensuring parking facilities are clean and well-maintained
The proposed fee increases which could come into effect from April 2024 will increase by the equivalent of 20 pence to 25 pence from the first hour.
Cllr Helen Whitcroft, Resident & Community Services Portfolio Holder said: "It is with regret that we find ourselves having to increase parking charges in order to pay for crucial, essential improvements in the borough’s car parks but we are fully committed to an ongoing proactive maintenance scheme for each individual car park to ensure expensive unexpected repair bills are a thing of the past."
“This decision comes after careful evaluation of resident and business needs, while keeping the council's commitment to deliver effective services with sustainable finances.”
Access the Agenda and read more details on the parking strategy, and other
items to be discussed at the Executive Meeting of 13 February on our website - https://surreyheath.moderngov.co.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=127&MId=4145 (link is external)
Update - 14 February 2024
At the Executive meeting of 13 February 2024, the Executive resolved that:
- the Parking Strategy, as set out in Annex 1 to the agenda report, be adopted
- the amendments to the parking tariffs for existing car parks, as set out in page 25 of Annex 1 to the agenda report, be approved with effect from 1st April 2024
- the proposed introduction of car parking tariffs in Wilton Road car park be introduced from 1st July 2024 following the completion of the statutory Traffic Regulatory Order process and after review and consideration of any feedback received.
You can read more on the 13 February 2024 Executive meeting webpage