Information for tenants

Information for tenants: how to report a repair, homeswaps and contact details for housing associations.


A homeswap or mutual exchange is a way for housing association and council tenants to find a new home. The basic idea is two tenants meet, see each other's home and agree to swap. There are rules about who can swap homes. Your housing association must agree to the swap.

If you would like to find a home swap, there are a number of websites that you can use. The most popular websites in Surrey Heath are HomeSwapper (external link) and House Exchange (external link).

You can use these websites to try and match your home with another housing association tenant.  If you find a successful swap, contact your housing association who can then agree whether the swap can go ahead.