Appeal a completion notice

How to appeal against a completion notice.

If you disagree with a completion notice you should appeal within 28 days of the date of service of the notice. You should appeal to the Valuation Tribunal who are an independent body who make decisions on such matters.

Your appeal must be made in writing stating the grounds for it and should be accompanied by a copy of the completion notice that has been issued to you.

You can find out more about the Valuation Tribunal appeal process including contact details and an online appeal form on the Valuation Tribunal website (external link)

Contact the Valuation Tribunal

Post: 2nd Floor, 120 Leman Street, London, E1 8EU

Telephone: 020 7426 3939

Email: (link sends email)

If your appeal is successful and the date of completion is changed, a revised completion notice will be issued.

Making an appeal does not give you the right to withhold payment. If you make a successful appeal, any money you have overpaid will be refunded to you. .