Tell us about a change

How to register a change of address or circumstance.

Housing Benefit and Council Tax reduction

Your Housing Benefit and Council Tax reduction is assessed based on information you have given to us directly.

If your situation changes, you must tell us as it may affect your benefits.

Do not rely on someone else to tell us. If you do not tell us straight away, you may lose money you are entitled to, or you may get too much benefit, which you would have to pay back to us.

Examples of changes:

  • if any of your children leave school or home or if you have a baby
  • if your income or the income of anyone living with you changes
  • if your capital, savings, or investments change
  • if you no longer receive Income Support or Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • if your rent changes, or if you or anyone living with you becomes a student, goes into hospital/nursing home/prison

How to report a change

If something changes, please tell us using the Citizens Access Benefits system.

Login or register Citizens Access Benefits

Universal Credit

If you receive Universal Credit, you must also report changes to them. You can amend your Universal Claim by signing in to your Universal Credit account on the GOV.UK website (external link) and reporting the change online. You can also contact the Universal Credit helpline by phone on 0800 328 9344, Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm.

Prove you qualify for Child Benefit

HMRC has launched a new online service so it’s quicker for parents and carers to prove that they claim Child Benefit.

This proof is required for Housing Benefit, Council Tax support and other services, and previously involved calling or writing to HMRC. This can now be done in 10 minutes using the HMRC app or online.

Prove you qualify for Child Benefit entitlement via the GOV.UK website (external link).

Contact the Revenues and Benefits team

Revenues and Benefits team
Surrey Heath House
Knoll Road
GU15 3HD
United Kingdom