At the Executive meeting on 20 October 2020, the Council agreed unanimously to introduce a grant scheme to provide an allocation for each ward councillor.
At the Executive meeting held on 16 August 2022 the applicant criteria was amended as follows and is applicable from 1 September 2022:-
For the financial year ending 31 March 2022 the allocation has been set at £1500 per ward councillor.
- The scheme is designed for “not for profit” groups who must have a constitution or be a registered charity or CIO.
- The applying organisation must have a bank account with at least two signatories on that account.
- Individuals are excluded from applying.
- In exceptional circumstances where a for-profit organisation is part of the application chain, a maximum of 1 Ward Councillor Grant will be allowed.
- Maximum grant per application is £500 and must be for the direct purchase of an asset, or a cost directly related to putting on their event. If the application is for an indirect action e.g., marketing, then a maximum of 1 Ward Councillor Grant is available at £250.
- Applications are to be for the Surrey Heath area only and provide a clear benefit to Surrey Heath Residents and with each application the number of Surrey Heath residents stated to benefit from the grant must be credible.
- No event or organisation may receive more than 3 Ward Councillor Grants in each financial year, either directly or indirectly.
- All related printed or digital output must acknowledge a grant from SHBC
- Groups who submit applications on behalf of others are not permitted.
- It is recognised that these rules cannot cover every eventuality or combination of circumstances and therefore the decision of SHBC is final.
How to apply
For further information, please contact the Community Partnerships Officer via email at Community.Development@surreyheath.gov.uk