The public hearings for the examination into the soundness of the Core Strategy took place between 15th and 23rd February 2011 and a resumed session was held on 18th November 2011. The Inspectors Report was received on 4th January 2012.
The independent Inspector conducting the examination was Mr Michael J Hetherington BSc (Hons) MA MRTPI.
The Inspectors report found the Core Strategy to be 'sound', subject to the incorporation of some changes. These are set out in the appendices to the Inspectors Report.
- Core Strategy Inspectors Report (includes Appendix C Changes that the Inspector considers are needed to make the plan sound)
- Appendix A Councils changes that go to soundness
- Appendix B Councils Minor changes
The Borough Council has compiled a 'Core Document Library' this lists all relevant material that the Borough Council relied on at the Hearing Procedures.
Copies of the documents contained within the 'Core Document Library' can be inspected at the Council's Offices, Knoll Road, Camberley. Some of the documents are also available to view in hard copy at the locations as set out in the Statement of Arrangements for inspection of the Core Strategy and Development Management Policies DPD.
The links provided below give background information and guidance on hearing procedures: -
- Planning Inspectorate: Local Development Frameworks - Examining Development Plan Documents: Procedure Guidance
- Planning Inspectorate: A Brief Guide to Examining Development Plan Documents
- Planning Inspectorate: Local Development Frameworks - Examining Development Plan Documents: Soundness Guidance
- Planning Inspectorate: Examining Development Plan Documents: Learning from Experience