The Windlesham Neighbourhood Plan 2018-2028 was 'made' at Full Council on 12 June 2019. It forms part of Surrey Heath Borough's Development Plan and helps in deciding the outcome of planning applications within the Windlesham Neighbourhood Area. The Windlesham Neighbourhood Plan and its Decision Statement can be viewed below.
- The Windlesham Neighbourhood Plan 2018-2028 ('Made' Version)
- Decision Statement
- SEA and HRA Screening Decision Statement
Hard copies of the Windlesham Neighbourhood Plan and the Decision Statement can be inspected at:
- Main reception at Surrey Heath Borough Council's offices, Surrey Heath House, Knoll Road, Camberley, GU15 3HD during normal office hours
- Windlesham Parish Council's Offices, The Avenue, Lightwater, GU18 5RG during opening hours
- Lightwater Library, 83a Guildford Road, Lightwater, GU18 5SB during opening hours
In February 2019, Surrey Heath Borough Council agreed to proceed to a referendum on the draft Windlesham Neighbourhood Plan. As required by the Neighbourhood Planning (General) regulations, a Decision Statement was published which can be found below.
The Referendum was held on Thursday 2 May 2019. The question asked in the referendum was:
“Do you want Surrey Heath Borough Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Windlesham to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?"
The plan received a positive vote at referendum with 77% of voters supporting the plan. Full results can be found on our elections pages.
In accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning (Referendum) Regulations (2012) as amended, the Council published an Information Statement which sets out information relating to the referendum and also the following specified documents:
- The Windlesham Neighbourhood Plan 2018-2028 (as modified);
- A Decision Statement (the Windlesham Neighbourhood Plan Decision Statement proceeding to referendum) advising that the local planning authority is satisfied that the draft plan meets the basic conditions and relevant legal requirements;
- The Independent Examiner’s Report;
- A Summary of Representations submitted to the independent examiner;
- A General Information Statement setting out information on town and country planning including neighbourhood planning, and the referendum
- Notice of Referendum Windlesham
An independent examiner, Deborah McCann MRTPI was appointed to undertake the examination of the Windlesham Neighbourhood Plan. The Examiner’s Report was released on 13th December 2018 with the recommendation that the Neighbourhood Plan should proceed to referendum, subject to modification.
Neighbourhood Plan Submission and Publication
In accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended) the Neighbourhood Plan and supporting information were submitted to Surrey Heath Borough Council for the purposes of consultation, examination and, if appropriate, a referendum ahead of the Plan being ‘made’ (adopted) as part of the Local Plan for the area.
The following documents were submitted.
- Windlesham Neighbourhood Plan 2018-2028
- A map showing the area covered by the Neighbourhood Plan
- The Consultation Statement
- The Basic Conditions Statement ( incorporating the SEA/HRA Screening Report)
Surrey Heath Borough Council considered the Plan against the statutory requirements set out in paragraph 6 of Schedule 4B of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended) and was satisfied that these have been met. The Council published the submitted Plan and accompanying documents for consultation over a 6 week period from Friday 6th April 2018 to Friday 18th May 2018.
These documents are also available to view on the Windlesham Parish council’s website at: http://www.windleshampc.gov.uk/
Representations made on the published version of the Plan have been submitted to an independent Examiner who will undertake an examination of the Windlesham Neighbourhood Plan.
Pre-submission Consultation on the Plan
Windlesham Parish Council carried out a Pre-Submission consultation on the Plan from 20th February 2017 to 2nd April 2017.
Designated Neighbourhood Area
Surrey Heath Borough Council received an application to designate a Windlesham Ward Neighbourhood Plan Area in 2014. The application was submitted by Windlesham Parish Council.
Following a 6 week consultation (31st October - 12th December 2014) the Windlesham ward was designated by the Council on 27th January 2015 as a Neighbourhood Plan Area.