We continually monitor how the Local Plan is working. We use a variety of sources to help inform any changes that may need to be made to the Local Plan in the future.
Five Year Housing Land Supply
The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) requires us to identify and update annually a five-year supply of deliverable housing sites.
We use the ‘Strategic Land Availability Assessment’ to:
- identify potential housing sites in Surrey Heath, and
- identify which of these sites could deliver new homes in the next five years (called ‘deliverable’ sites).
The Five Year Housing Land Supply Paper below sets out the housing supply position in Surrey Heath, from the base date of 1st April 2022 for the five year period 2022-2027.
The paper concludes that Surrey Heath can currently demonstrate a 7.41 year housing land supply.
Supply is based on:
- Sites with planning permission not yet started;
- Sites with planning permission under construction;
- Sites identified in the Strategic Land Availability Assessment as ‘deliverable’; and
- An allowance for ‘windfall’ development.
View the Five Year Housing Land Supply Statement (2022-2027).
Authority Monitoring Report
The Authority Monitoring Report (AMR - previously called the Annual Monitoring Report) for the Surrey Heath Local Plan reviews the progress made in meeting the targets set in the Local Development Scheme and the success or failure of policies against key indicators and performance criteria.
The Report states the progress on the implementation and the performance of the Surrey Heath Local Plan and the Core Output Indicators and Significant Effects Indicators relating to Development Plans
Comments on the format and content of this document are welcomed in order to inform the preparation of the next AMR.
- Authority Monitoring Report 2020 - 2021
- Authority Monitoring Report 2019 - 2020
- Authority Monitoring Report 2018 - 2019
- Authority Monitoring Report 2017 - 2018
- Authority Monitoring Report 2016 - 2017
- Authority Monitoring Report 2015 – 2016
- Authority Monitoring Report 2014 – 2015
- Authority Monitoring Report 2013 - 2014
- Authority Monitoring Report 2012 - 2013
- Authority Monitoring Report 2011 - 2012
- Annual Monitoring Report 2010 - 2011
- Annual Monitoring Report 2009 - 2010