Who can help?

The Housing Team can be contacted on 01276 707100.
Please be advised that the Housing Team no longer see people in the Council Offices unless they have a pre-arranged appointment. You will not been seen by a member of the Housing Team if you attend the Council Offices without an appointment even if you are homeless. We therefore ask that your initial contact to the Housing Team is by telephone on 01276 707100 or by emailing us at housing@surreyheath.gov.uk
Our opening hours are as follows -
Monday 9.00am – 5.00pm
Tuesday 9.00am – 1.00pm, then 4.00pm – 5.00pm
Wednesday 9.00am – 5.00pm
Thursday 2.00pm – 5.00pm
Friday 9.00am - 4.30pm


Locally, independent advice can sought from Surrey Heath Citizens Advice Bureau situated at Surrey Heath House, Knoll Road, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 3HD.

Opening hours are Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm and you can visit or call on 03444 111 444

Details of the service they provide can be found at: www.camberleycab.org.uk

The Joint Service Housing Advice Office (JSHAO) provides Service personnel and their dependants with civilian housing information for those wishing to move to civilian accommodation at any time in their career, and for those during resettlement to assist with the transition to civilian life. They also assist in signposting or placement of, where possible, ex-Service personnel still occupying Service Accommodation who may need social housing.  Full information and contact details are available at: www.gov.uk

Help for single people leaving any of the armed services with no permanent home to go to is available from Single Persons Accommodation Centre for the Ex-Services (SPACES). They offer housing advice and help finding accommodation anywhere in the UK. Assessments are carried out by phone or face-to-face and they can also offer ongoing support with moving to new accommodation, becoming homeless again or issues arising with subsequent accommodation.

They can be contacted on 01748 833797 / 872940 / 830191 or by email at spaces@riverside.org.uk. Their website is: www.riverside.org.uk

The Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association (SSAFA) provide practical, emotional and financial support to anyone who is serving or has ever served and their families, and this includes help with housing issues. The housing service is divided into two main areas: their homes and housing advice. More details can be found at www.ssafa.org.uk or by calling 0800 731 4880 (numbers are available online for personnel based outside the UK).

For housing advice on all issues including accessing housing, homelessness and your rights and responsibilities as a tenant, Shelter can advise you through their Helpline: 0808 800 4444. There are also housing rights guides and local contacts on their website at www.shelter.org.uk


CivvyStreet a website for serving and former members of the UK Armed Services and their dependants. It offers free information and advice about resettlement into civilian life, learning and work and can be found at www.civvystreet.org.

The Regular Forces Employment Association seeks to help those leaving the Armed Forces to find and to remain in employment throughout their working lives. Details can be found at www.rfea.org.uk. The work they do is part of the Career Transition Partnership (CTP). This is the name given to a partnering agreement between the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and Right Management, who are global career development and outplacement specialists.

General Help and Support

The Royal British Legion helps the whole Armed Forces community through welfare, companionship and representation and their services are available to serving members of the Armed Forces, ex-Service men and women and their families, now and for the rest of their lives. Details of the range of practical help and emotional support can be found on their website: www.britishlegion.org.uk 

For a one-stop shop for agencies and charities who provide support you can search Veterans UK at www.veterans-uk.info, email veterans.help@spva.gov.uk or call the Helpline on 08081914218.