Special Needs Housing

The Council has no housing of its own but works with a number of partners to provide housing and support for those who have special needs or require special housing.

There are independent living schemes for older people, supported housing schemes for those with mental health problems, move-on properties for people with a range of support needs while they work towards independent living as well as 'floating support' services that assist people maintain their housing.

In the housing association stock there are also a number of adapted and purpose-built properties for people with physical disabilities.

In some circumstances the Council can also provide funding through its Disabled Facilities Grant programme to help people adapt their current home to make it suitable for their needs.

For more information on special needs housing please contacts the Housing Options Team on 01276 707100 or email housing@surreyheath.gov.uk.