Licensing and Events

Certain activities are licensable and may require a licence from Surrey Heath Borough Council Licensing Team

 A licence may be required if you plan to; 

  • Sell/supply alcohol 
  • Have regulated entertainment (live or recorded music, plays, films etc.) 
  • Late night refreshment (provision of hot food or drink between 23:00 and 05:00) 

You must ensure that you are operating within any licensing restrictions and that the application is put in in good time to be considered by the Council.  For example an application for a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) is required to be submitted 6 weeks prior to the event.

Advice on licensing legislation and applications forms can be found on the Licensing section of the website.