If you are planning an event then a vital part of the organisation is preparing an event plan which will outline all the elements of your event. The event plan should cover areas such as:
- Who is responsible for what
- Details of the event
- Risk assessment
- Site safety and fire risk assessment
- Road Closures
- Transport management
- Crowd management
- Communications Plan
- Bouncy Castles and Other Inflatables
- Fun Fairs
- Welfare plan i.e. toilet facilities
- Medical plan
- Emergency plan
Remember that time and detailed planning are the key to organising a safe and successful public event.
Please download the event plan template and guidance notes to aid you in completing the event plan and associated documentation.
The Safety Advisory Group exists to consider plans presented by the organisers of events and offer guidance on the contents and structure of the Event Plan. It is not the role of the Safety Advisory Group to assist in planning the events or writing plans. The purpose of the Safety Advisory Group is to offer guidance to help organisers discharge their responsibilities. The members of the Safety Advisory Group will not accept or adopt any of the responsibilities of the organiser.
Templates to download
- Event Plan Template
- Emergency Action Plan Template
- Safety Inspection Checklist Template
- Event Participation List Template
- COVID-19 Risk Assessment Template
- General Risk Assessment Template