Additional Support

Unsure which way to turn?

Are you struggling to put food on the table, worried about bills mounting up or feeling isolated?

We can help. You can contact 01276 707100 or email and we will help you access the support you need.

For confidential guidance on the help that is available, you can also call Citizens Advice Surrey Heath on 01276 417900.

Food Poverty

If you are experiencing food poverty, please contact Citizens Advice Surrey Heath on 01276 417900 or the Council. You can contact us on 01276 707100 or

Food Banks

If you need the support of a food bank, you can get a food bank voucher from a front line professional, such as a doctor, social worker, adviser at Citizens Advice, Frontline, SHBC’s Housing/Family Support/Welfare team, Surrey County Council’s Children’s and Adult Social Care teams, Accent and other social housing providers or the police. 
Your nearest Citizens Advice can often refer you if you do not have contact with the police, doctor or a social worker. They will ask you about your circumstances, income and needs, and will ask if it is just you that needs food or if you also have a family to feed
Our food parcels are generally provided by the Camberley Besom and Woking Food Bank (covers some of Surrey Heath e.g. Chobham, West End, Bisley) but they normally require a referral. The Bisley and West End Food Bank has recently opened. A referral is required to access this food bank. More information can be found on their website.

Free Food Stall

Old Dean Community Group and St Mary’s Church, Camberley run a free food stall every Sunday 12:00 to 13:30 in the car parks of St Martin’s, Old Dean and St Mary’s Camberley.  For more information visit the Old Dean Community Group Facebook page or email or visit the St Mary’s Church website.


If you are struggling with finances, rent, bills, mortgage please make contact with Citizens Advice Surrey Heath on 01276 417900.

Fuel Poverty


Citizens advice Surrey Heath logo Lions International logo


Are you worried by debt to your Gas or Electricity supplier? 

Gloves holding a house in its palmsProject Wenceslas was set up by Woking Lions Club to help the people of Woking and surrounding areas who may be struggling to pay their fuel bills and have possibly built up debt to their energy supplier.

Money is collected from people who are awarded the Government’s Winter Fuel Allowance but who choose to donate it to those in Fuel Poverty. For residents in Surrey Heath it is administered through Citizens Advice Surrey Heath.     
Small grants are available to individuals who make an application and who meet certain criteria, thanks to Woking Lions.
CASH can also help you find a cheaper supplier. By supplying details about your current energy provider and tariff, they can run a price comparison check and talk you through the results, possibly making your energy costs cheaper for you moving forward.
Please contact Citizens Advice Surrey Heath on 01276 417900 or email

Test and Trace Support Payments

Government have announced a new financial package to support and enforce self-isolation.
Surrey Heath will be delivering financial support for those self-isolating as part of this Government funded scheme who live in the Surrey Heath Borough Council area.
In certain circumstances, if you are required by law to self-isolate from 28 September 2020 you may be supported by a payment of £500.
More information and details on how to apply can be found on our Test and Trace Support Payment webpage.


If you are experiencing issues due to homelessness,please visit our Homelessness webpage.
SHBC works in partnership with The Hope Hub, a charity working to prevent and end homelessness in Surrey Heath. 

Free period products at Surrey Heath libraries Dignity Period poster

Surrey County Council has launched a ground-breaking initiative with charity Binti, to provide free period products in locations across Surrey.
Donation bins and collection boxes, where residents can help themselves to pads if needed, can be found in selected libraries across Surrey, including Camberley, Lightwater and Frimley Green.
A Binti app is available to download on the Apple app store for IOS users or the Google Play store for Android users, so people can find the nearest location where free period products are available to collect and where you can donate.
More info on the Period Dignity scheme.

Useful links

For individuals affected here are the links to the relevant information and advice from the government;

Surrey Heath has an online benefits calculator where you can check your possible entitlement to help with your rent and Council Tax costs.

Email your applications for assistance from Surrey Heath Borough Council to - please provide a mobile telephone number.
Independent advice on how to ensure you get the help that is being provided by the Government can be accessed on the Policy in Practice website.
We want to reassure our residents and businesses that you can call us on our main number – 01276 707100 - where you can talk to our officers (Mon-Thur 8.30am-5pm, Fri 8.30am-4.30pm).