National restrictions will apply in England from 5 November until 2 December.
You must stay at home, with a limited set of exemptions.
- Only leave home for food, medical reasons, exercise, education or work.
- You must work from home if you can.
- Avoid travel unless essential.
- Schools and essential shops will remain open.
- Remeber: wash hands, cover face, make space.
After 4 weeks the government will look to return to a local and regional approach, based on the latest data. For the latest guidance please visit the Coronavirus Information webpage on the Government website.
Information for residents who are extremely clinically vulnerable
Shielding has been paused, however new guidance has been published for the clinically extremely vulnerable on keeping safe under new national restrictions which come into force on November 5. For more local information please visit our Helpful Information for the Clinically Extremely Vulnerable Within Surrey Heath webpage.
- For information on the government’s response to Coronavirus visit gov.uk/coronavirus
- For health-related advice on Coronavirus visit nhs.uk/coronavirus
- For the latest Coronavirus-related information from Surrey County Council visit surreycc.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Click here for News releases about SHBC's response to Coronavirus
- Information and support for your business - surreyheath.gov.uk/coronavirusbiz
We are working hard to help staff and residents stay well during the outbreak of Coronavirus.
COVID Alert Level
The tier alert system has been paused while the national lockdown is in force from 5 November to 2 Dec.
Some of the steps we are taking are summarised below:
For residents, we are
- equipping staff who are customer facing/make home visits with relevant supplies including hand sanitiser/gloves/wipes.
We are currently closed for face to face appointments.
Please be aware that entry is strictly by appointment only and restricted to a maximum of two adults at any appointment.
Upon entry to the building you will be asked to follow social distancing guidelines and make use of the hand sanitiser and face coverings that will be provided.
increasing the capacity of our Meals at Home service.
working closely with hospitals to support discharged patients
increasing interior cleaning of our Community Transport vehicles.
All car parks are open.
Car park charges have now been reinstated, but 2 hours free parking is available in Knoll Road - more information on our website
On-street enforcement is being carried out to ensure the roads remain safe and access for all customers is maintained, especially disabled parking bays and taxi ranks. Please visit www.woking.gov.uk/parking
Waste and Recycling
Joint Waste Solutions manages our waste and recycling services, so for the most up to date information go to jointwastesolutions.org.
Revenues and Benefits
- The SHBC offices are not open to visitors
- These departments remain open and can be contacted by email email@example.com
- You can report changes using one of our online forms
- You can sign up to our direct debit payment service, e-billing (rather than paper bills) and text message reminder service to reduce related contacts. Contact details: surreyheath.gov.uk/council/contact-us
Family Support Programme
COVID-19 Emergency Charity Grant Scheme
Some on-site inspections are being undertaken whilst other inspections will remain virtual. Please book your inspections as normal and we will discuss the protocols and requirements directly with you.
The following departments remain open - following government advice the offices are closed therefore a phone/email service is being offered:
Between March - June 2020 planning officers were tasked with undertaking additional roles outside of planning to support the Council's emergency welfare response. As a consequence there are currently delays with processing and determining planning applications, and particularly with the pre-application service and general enquiries.
As of 1 June 2020 planning officers are undertaking planning application site visits as normal. All site visits will be arranged by appointment only. The appointment will be confirmed by email or telephone on the day of the visit. Contact on site will be made to a minimum, the planning officer will not enter inside a property unless absolutely necessary and social distancing will be maintained at all times. It is requested that access is made available before the officer arrives on site, for example a side gate left open. All officers will visit with PPE, for use when requested or deemed necessary, and carry hand sanitiser.
No site visits will be held for pre-application enquiries. No face-to-face meetings will be held on site or at the Council offices. However, telephone conference calls and, where feasible, video conferencing by Zoom or Teams will be arranged. Priority will be given to meetings for proposals that support Covid-19 initiatives and projects that support the local economy.
Virtual Planning Applications Committees are being held monthly and are being streamed over YouTube or the Council's Facebook page.
Housing - landlord and tenant advice
All of the car parks at SHBC-managed parks and open spaces are open, signage with government guidance have been placed in the parks.
All Greenspace volunteer groups are postponed until further notice.
Playgrounds are open across the Borough but outdoor gyms and trim trails are closed during national restrictions as per government guidance during national restrictions. Social distancing and other hygiene guidance applies.
- If this play area is crowded, do not enter if you cannot safely stay at a distance from others.
- Please clean/wash your hands before you enter the play area if possible
- Do not visit a park or play area if you have any symptoms - fever, coughs, shortness of breath.
- Please follow Public Heath England advice on hygiene and wash your hands as soon as you get home.
- Please take all your litter home with you where possible to help keep our parks and play areas litter free.
Frimley Lodge Park
All events due to take place at the park are postponed until further notice with further information released when government guidance allows.
The cafe is currently closed. It is due to reopen on Thursday December 3.
Sport pitches, Pitch and Putt and the hire of BBQs are currently closed while the national lockdown is in force from 5 November to 2 December.
Lightwater Country Park
The café will be open from Wednesday to Sunday for takeaway from 10am until 4pm.
Day tickets for fishing permits are not available during lockdown from 5 Nov to 2 Dec.
Walking for Health scheme postponed until 2 December.
Diabetes Walks and Nature Walks are postponed until further notice.
Walking Netball and Walking Football sessions are cancelled until further notice.
Surrey Heath Museum
Test and Trace
Test and Trace Support Payment
NHS Covid-19 App
- support traditional test and trace methods
- inform the public of rising rates in their postcode area
- alert them if they've been in contact with someone who has tested positive (even if they don't know them)
- provide a 'checking in' function based on QR codes displayed in venues and public spaces
- allow people to check their symptoms, and book a test if they need one
What do businesses need to do to be prepared for the NHS COVID19 App?
Grants for businesses affected by the Government lockdown restrictions between 5 November 2020 until 2 December 2020.
How to access Government Financial support if you or your business is affected by COVID19
- Statutory Sick Pay
- Universal Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Your rights if your hours are cut or you’re laid off
- What to do if you cannot pay your tax bill on time
- Government Job Support Scheme
Surrey Heath has an online benefits calculator where you can check your possible entitlement to help with your rent and Council Tax costs.
Support to local businesses from SHBC's Economic and Development Team
- Signposting local businesses to the advice from central Government, and contacting businesses to share what support is available.
- Economic Development and Business Rates staff will ensure that all businesses get all the relevant information, and updates to their business rates billing, as soon as possible.
- Any questions about the support should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. Emails will be responded to as soon as we have the relevant information.
- Please sign up to our business newsletter where we will be posting regular updates and information specifically for businesses.
- Please take a look at our 'Coronavirus information for businesses webpage' for more information.
For employees we are
- signposting staff to Public Health England and NHS advice.
- making hand sanitisers and disinfectant wipes available throughout our offices and sharing official hand washing guidelines.
- ensuring employees in high risk groups are working from home as a priority.
- requiring staff to self-isolate if they have symptoms.
- intensifying the cleaning of our offices and Council vehicles
- providing equipment to enable staff to use remote working/videoconferencing facilities where possible.
- reducing face-to-face contact where possible - the offices are closed to visitors.
COVID-19 Privacy Notice
Read our COVID-19 Privacy Notice to find out how Surrey Heath Borough Council are using and sharing your data during COVID-19.
COVID-19 Requirements - Risk Assessment
You will need to carry out a suitable COVID-19 Risk Assessment for any events taking place.