- For information on the government’s response to Coronavirus visit gov.uk/coronavirus
- For health-related advice on Coronavirus visit nhs.uk/coronavirus
- For the latest Coronavirus-related information from Surrey County Council visit surreycc.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Click here for News releases about SHBC's response to Coronavirus
- Information and support for your business - surreyheath.gov.uk/coronavirusbiz
We are working hard to help staff and residents stay well during the outbreak of Coronavirus.
Some of the steps we are taking are summarised below:
For residents, we are
- equipping staff who are customer facing/make home visits with relevant supplies including hand sanitiser/gloves/wipes.
From 13 July, a limited number of face to face appointments are available between 9am and 12pm Monday to Friday for residents who cannot access our services by telephone or on-line. To book an appointment please call 01276 707100.
Please be aware that entry is strictly by appointment only and restricted to a maximum of two adults at any appointment.
Upon entry to the building you will be asked to follow social distancing guidelines and make use of the hand sanitiser and face coverings that will be provided.
increasing the capacity of our Meals at Home service.
working closely with hospitals to support discharged patients
increasing interior cleaning of our Community Transport vehicles.
Surrey Heath Prepared
The Main Square and Knoll Road car parks are open.
Car park charges have now been reinstated, but 2 hours free parking is available in Knoll Road - more information on our website
From 15th June 2020, in conjunction with the lifting of some lockdown measures, on-street enforcement will be stepped up to ensure the roads remain safe and access for all customers is maintained, especially disabled parking bays and taxi ranks. Please visit www.woking.gov.uk/parking
Waste and Recycling
Joint Waste Solutions manages our waste and recycling services, so for the most up to date information go to jointwastesolutions.org.
Benefits and Council Tax
These departments remain open . From 13 July, a limited number of face to face appointments are available between 9am and 12pm Monday to Friday for residents who cannot access our services by telephone or on-line. To book an appointment please call 01276 707100.
You can sign up to our direct debit payment service, e-billing (rather than paper bills) and text message reminder service to reduce related contacts. Contact details: surreyheath.gov.uk/council/contact-us
Family Support Programme
COVID-19 Emergency Charity Grant Scheme
Some on-site inspections are being undertaken whilst other inspections will remain virtual. Please book your inspections as normal and we will discuss the protocols and requirements directly with you.
The following departments remain open - following government advice the offices are closed therefore a phone/email service is being offered:
Between March - June 2020 planning officers were tasked with undertaking additional roles outside of planning to support the Council's emergency welfare response. As a consequence there are currently delays with processing and determining planning applications, and particularly with the pre-application service and general enquiries.
As of 1 June 2020 planning officers are undertaking planning application site visits as normal. All site visits will be arranged by appointment only. The appointment will be confirmed by email or telephone on the day of the visit. Contact on site will be made to a minimum, the planning officer will not enter inside a property unless absolutely necessary and social distancing will be maintained at all times. It is requested that access is made available before the officer arrives on site, for example a side gate left open. All officers will visit with PPE, for use when requested or deemed necessary, and carry hand sanitiser.
No site visits will be held for pre-application enquiries. No face-to-face meetings will be held on site or at the Council offices. However, telephone conference calls and, where feasible, video conferencing by Zoom or Teams will be arranged. Priority will be given to meetings for proposals that support Covid-19 initiatives and projects that support the local economy.
Virtual Planning Applications Committees are being held monthly and are being streamed over YouTube or the Council's Facebook page.
Housing - landlord and tenant advice
All of the car parks at SHBC-managed parks and open spaces have now re-opened, signage with government guidance have been placed in the parks.
All Greenspace volunteer groups are postponed until further notice.
Playgrounds are open across the Borough. Social distancing and other hygiene guidance applies.
- If this play area is crowded, do not enter if you cannot safely stay at a distance from others.
- Please clean/wash your hands before you enter the play area if possible
- Do not visit a park or play area if you have any symptoms - fever, coughs, shortness of breath.
- Please follow Public Heath England advice on hygiene and wash your hands as soon as you get home.
- Please take all your litter home with you where possible to help keep our parks and play areas litter free.
Frimley Lodge Park
All events due to take place at the park are postponed until further notice with further information released when government guidance allows.
The cafe will be open for takeaway daily from 9.30am until 4.30pm.
Bookings for sports pitches and 3G sport pitches are only available for sports clubs to hire. The hirer will have to be responsible for adhering to guidance and it will be at their own risk.
Onsite BBQ’s are bookable - adherence to government guidance on numbers of people must be strictly adhered to. We have the right to cancel the booking with immediate effect for not adhering to government guidance and/or any anti-social behaviour.
The pitch and putt is open with the following guidance in place - Anti-bacterial wipes will be provided to the hirers when obtaining their clubs, balls and tees and the hirer will be responsible for wiping down the equipment. Hand Gel will be placed on the kiosk window for both staff and hirer use. The hirer will have to fill in their name, postcode and contact number when collecting equipment. The last game of golf will be at 3.30pm, due to the cafe closing at 4.30pm.
Lightwater Country Park
The café will be open for takeaway daily 10am until 4pm.
Day tickets for fishing permits can now be purchased online at https://surreyheath.gov.uk/residents/sport-leisure-parks/lightwater-coun...
Walking for Health scheme is restarting on a limited basis but places need to be booked through the contact centre at email@example.com or call 01276 707100. Walkers will need to quote the date and location of the walk they are booking.
Diabetes Walks and Nature Walks are postponed until further notice.
Walking Netball and Walking Football sessions are cancelled until further notice.
Surrey Heath Museum
Camberley Theatre is open to the public from Monday 7 September and is offering a reduced programme of films, event cinema, small scale touring shows and live screenings. More information can be found at camberleytheatre.co.uk.
How to access Government Financial support if you or your business is affected by COVID19
- Statutory Sick Pay
- Universal Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Your rights if your hours are cut or you’re laid off
- What to do if you cannot pay your tax bill on time
Surrey Heath has an online benefits calculator where you can check your possible entitlement to help with your rent and Council Tax costs.
Support to local businesses from SHBC's Economic and Development Team
- Signposting local businesses to the advice from central Government, and contacting businesses to share what support is available.
- Economic Development and Business Rates staff will ensure that all businesses get all the relevant information, and updates to their business rates billing, as soon as possible.
- Any questions about the support should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. Emails will be responded to as soon as we have the relevant information.
- Please sign up to our business newsletter where we will be posting regular updates and information specifically for businesses.
- Please take a look at our 'Coronavirus information for businesses webpage' for more information.
For employees we are
- signposting staff to Public Health England and NHS advice.
- making hand sanitisers and disinfectant wipes available throughout our offices and sharing official hand washing guidelines.
- ensuring employees in high risk groups are working from home as a priority.
- requiring staff to self-isolate if they have symptoms.
- intensifying the cleaning of our offices and Council vehicles
- providing equipment to enable staff to use remote working/videoconferencing facilities where possible.
- reducing face-to-face contact where possible - the offices are closed to visitors.