If we all do our best to remember the three Rs, we can all do our bit to help the planet!
We all know that recycling is great, but we need to find ways of wasting less in the first place.
Want some tips on how you can waste less and reuse and recycle more?
Download the Surrey Environment Partnership’s Binterrogator - a quick and easy tool that helps you record what you bin over a set period and come up with ideas to improve your ‘three Rs’ rating!
Together with our waste and recycling partners Joint Waste Solutions and Amey, we do our best to ensure Surrey Heath residents have a wide range of kerbside recycling options, from plastics, cardboard and metal through to textiles, food waste, small electricals and batteries.
Surrey Heath has one of the best recycling rates in the country at 62.9%, ranking it a fantastic 6th place in the in the Local Authority league tables. Well done everyone!
Not sure if you can recycle an item?
Download the Surrey Recycles app and check what to do with any item.
Easy ways to reduce waste
- Use reusable travel mugs instead of disposable cups.
- Buy reusable, washable fabric face masks.
- Use a refillable water bottle instead of plastic single use bottles.
- Take refillable containers to shops which offer a service where you can ‘fill your own’ to reduce packaging.
- Remember your reusable bags when going to the shops.
- Choose fruit and vegetables which don’t have packaging around them.
- Refuse plastic straws.