The Reduce, Reuse, Recycle mantra is key
If we all do our best to remember the three Rs, we can all do our bit to help the planet and all its inhabitants!
- Your consumption of single use items of packaging.
- The volume of food wasted in your household - plan your shopping for the week, freeze perishable food before it goes off, make new dishes from leftovers.
- Your purchases of new items if second hand ones would do the job.
- Don’t throw something away that could be used again, repurposed, or donated.
We all know that recycling is great, but we need to find ways of wasting less in the first place.
Want some tips on how you can waste less and reuse and recycle more?
Why not try the Zero waste week challenge?
Not sure if you can recycle an item?
Easy ways to reduce waste
- Use reusable travel mugs instead of disposable cups.
- Buy reusable, washable fabric face masks.
- Use a refillable water bottle instead of plastic single use bottles.
- Take refillable containers to shops which offer a service where you can ‘fill your own’ to reduce packaging.
- Remember your reusable bags when going to the shops.
- Choose fruit and vegetables which don’t have packaging around them.
- Refuse plastic straws and opt for re-usable metal straws instead.