How to Apply

To claim benefit you must fill in an application form and send it to the Benefits Section. If you are self employed you will also need to fill in this application form. You can either download the claim form or contact us and we will send you one by post. Before filling in the application form please read the notes within the form carefully.

Make sure you complete and return the form immediately you realise you need help to pay your rent, as benefit is normally paid from the Monday after the first indication of a wish to claim. If you haven't got all the evidence we ask for in support of your claim, send whatever you have got to us with the form straightaway. You can send the rest in within one calendar month. We will write to you for any further information we need.