The winners of the Surrey Heath Sports Awards 2019 have been announced.
The Surrey Heath Sports Awards celebrate local talented athletes, coaches, volunteers and organisers for their achievements and commitment over the past year.
Dozens of nominations were received across a wide range of sports, which made the Surrey Heath Sports Council’s job of selecting the winners harder than ever.
The list ranged from national and European champions to devoted volunteer coaches who are the beating heart of their local clubs.
On 21 October at Camberley Theatre those nominated attended a special awards ceremony, alongside invited guests.
The full list of category winners is below – they will now be shortlisted for the county-wide Active Surrey Awards.
- Active Surrey Coach, Leader or Instructor – Kim Johnson (Camberley RFC)
- Surrey Security Community Project – Creative Dance at Windle Valley Centre
- Complete Coaching Disability Sports – Welcome Wizards FC; Highly Commended - Penny Froude
- Places Leisure Sports Personality – Chris Hockey (England Lacrosse)
- CD Fitness Young Sports Personality - Charlotte Jennings-Evans (Saracens Mavericks)
- Surrey Playing Fields Volunteer – Abigail Balcombe (Bagshot Cricket Club)
- The Massage Company Outstanding Service to Sport – David Smith (Sporting Ring Amateur Boxing Club)
- Performance of the Games - Ethan Lampard
- Young Ambassador of the Year – Mikayla Dodson
- Coach of the Games – David Noble (Badminton)
- Most Supportive School – Ravenscote Junior School