Wednesday, 16 December, 2020
Eight local organisations have been awarded funding in the first round of the new Surrey Heath Annual Lottery Grant Scheme.
A total of nearly £8,000 will be received by groups in Surrey Heath who have been successful in applying for grants from money raised in the Surrey Heath Lottery.
The full list of grant recipients is:
- Girlguiding Camberley West District, £2,900, to assist with repairs, redecoration, and to support girls from low income families to be part of the guiding movement.
- West End Village Hall, £1,500, to contribute towards the replacement of hall windows.
- Camberley Care Trust, £1,000, to help cover loss of donation funds and unexpected costs arising due to Covid-19.
- Chobham Community Centre Association, £1,000, to contribute towards the installation of a height restriction barrier.
- Parity for Disability, £599, to assist with the purchase of a replacement laptop for people with multiple disabilities using Parity's Mytchett service, enabling them to stay active and connected to others.
- Challengers, £500, to contribute towards the costs involved in running the fully inclusive activities at Challengers Farnham Play scheme (used by Surrey Heath families), where disabled and non-disabled children aged 4-12 can play together freely.
- Bisley Consolidated Charity, £250, to contribute towards lost income through Covid-19, so that they can continue to provide grants to the most needy in Bisley - both young families and elderly residents.
- Field of Grace, Camberley, £209, to contribute towards the provision of a Zoom account to offer support groups to those affected by eating disorders, and the hosting costs for a website.
The new Annual Lottery Grant Scheme was launched in October 2020, and is open to local registered charities who provide services/support in Surrey Heath.
Portfolio Holder for Support and Safeguarding, Cllr Josephine Hawkins, said: "Congratulations to all who have received grants in this opening round of the new Surrey Heath Annual Lottery Grant scheme. It is an exciting milestone in the Surrey Heath Lottery, and we’re delighted to be able to support local good causes through this scheme.”
The Surrey Heath Lottery was introduced in July 2019, and was set-up to support local charities - raising money in the community for the community.
The scheme enables us to empower local good causes to raise funds by connecting with their supporters. We now have more than 60 local good causes registered, all raising money and working to support a variety of services in our local area.
Each lottery ticket costs £1 per week, with 60p going to good causes in Surrey Heath. 50p goes to a nominated good cause, with the remaining 10p accumulating to provide the source of this grant scheme.
To buy tickets, or sign up as a good cause, visit surreyheathlottery.co.uk
For more information visit the Annual Lottery Grant Scheme page.