The Council recognises that its main asset is its staff. In recognition of this the Council offers a generous benefits package which is currently as follows:
- Local Government Pension Scheme.
- A minimum of 23 days annual leave entitlement (pro-rata for part-time employees).
- An additional 5 days annual leave after 5 years continuous Local Government service.
- Free private medical insurance for all staff after three years continuous service at Surrey Heath Borough Council
- Three times salary Life Assurance cover for all staff in the Pension Scheme.
- Free parking for all non-casual staff.
- Generous mileage allowance.
- Regular health checks and other welfare initiatives and health promotions.
- Subsidised gym membership at the Arena Leisure Centre.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
- Free VDU eye examinations every 2 years.
- Free vaccinations when / where appropriate.
- Access to reduced travel insurance.
- Staff uniforms where required for all appropriate employees.
- Commitment to regular learning and development linked to Corporate objectives and support for Professional learning and development, where appropriate.
Employees at the Council have the opportunity to apply for flexible working. Depending on the role and individual circumstances, this can include working part time, job sharing, condensed hours and time off to care for dependants.
Depending on where you work in the organisation, employees are also eligible for flexitime, this gives our employees the freedom to be able to start and finish work in 'core hours' and build up 'flexitime' to build up extra leave time.