Concerned about a Councillor's behaviour?

If you wish to complain about the conduct of a councillor of Surrey Heath Borough Council, Bisley Parish Council, Chobham Parish Council, West End Parish Council or Windlesham Parish Council, you must submit a complaint form (below) to

Monitoring Officer

Surrey Heath Borough Council, Surrey Heath House, Knoll Road, Camberley, Surrey GU15 3HD

Download the Complaint about a Councillor Form

The Monitoring Officer, on receipt of your complaint, will consider the complaint.

Please note that a Hearing Sub Committee of the Standards and Audit Committee can only deal with complaints about the behaviour of councillors. It will not deal with complaints in relation to matters which are not covered by the Code of Conduct. If you make a complaint to the Monitoring Officer, it must be about why you believe that a councillor has failed to observe the requirements of the Code of Conduct.

Independent Person

As required by the Localism Act 2011 the Council has appointed Mr David Ray as the Independent Person to assist it in promoting and maintaining high standards of conduct among its Members.

The views of the Independent Person must be sought before the Council takes a decision on an allegation relating to a Member. The Independent Person's views may also be sought by the Council at any stage of the process in the consideration of a complaint, or by a Member against whom an allegation has been made.