Financial Services are responsible for financial stewardship functions and preparing the annual accounts. This includes preparing a budget each year for approval by Council as well as publishing audited accounts and audit reports. In addition in October 2016 the Council was required to publish an “Efficiency Plan” to take advantage of the Government’s 4 year settlement guarantee.
- View the Council Book webpage.
Budget / Fees and Charges
- Budget Working Papers 2018/19
- Fees and Charges 2018/19
- Fees and Charges 2017/18
- Budget Book 2017/18
- Budget Book 2016/17
- Fees and Charges 2016/17
- Fees and Charges 2015/16
- Book Revenue Estimates 2015/16
- Fees and Charges 2014/15
- Budget Book Revenue Estimates 2014/15
- Fees and Charges 2013/14
- Budget Book Revenue Estimates 2013/14
- Budget Book Supplementary Pages 2013/14
- Fees and Charges 2012/2013
- Budget Book Revenue Estimates 2012/13
- Budget Book Supplementary Pages 2012/13
- Fees and Charges 2011/2012
- Budget Book 2011/2012
- Budget Book Supplementary Pages 2011/2012
- Budget Requirement Funding and Summary - 2010/2011
- Fees and Charges 2010/2011
- Full Outturn Reports for 2010/11
- Budget Analysis - Pie Chart 2010/2011
- Budget Book - 2010/2011 Capital Programme
- Budget Summary 2010/2011
Audited Financial Statements and Audit Report
Notice of publication and audit of accounts 2020/21
The Accounts and Audit (Amendment) Regulations 2021 require the Council to publish the unaudited Statement of Accounts for the financial year ending 31 March 2021 by 30 September 2021.
Notice is given that:
1) The Council has not yet completed and published the draft Statement of Accounts for the financial year 2020-21 (ending 31 March 2021) and commenced the period for the exercise of public inspection.
2) The external audit of the draft statement of accounts for the year ended 31 March 2021 has not yet been completed by our external auditors, BDO, due to delays with previous year’s statements. This situation is allowed for by Regulation 10, paragraph (2a) of the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015.
3) The Council will publish a draft set of accounts as soon as reasonably practicable, following which the period for the exercise of public inspection will commence.
4) Therefore, this notification explains, as per paragraph 2, that we are not yet able to publish our audited 2020/21 final statement of accounts in line with deadline of 30 September 2021, as per paragraph (1). The Audit and Standards Committee will consider the results of the 2020/21 audit once it is available after which we will publish the final audited accounts.
Strategic Director Finance and Customer Services
The officer appointed under Section 151 of the Local Government Act 1972
Update on the 2019/20 Statement of Accounts (25 April 2022)
The Council is required to publish its audited statement of accounts. As yet the annual accounts for the financial year ending 31 March 2020 remain unaudited. A key element of this relates to the accounting treatment for the Jersey-based Property Unit Trust and how it is presented within the Council’s formal statement of accounts.
The Council has now revised the draft financial statements to reflect the accounting treatment approach agreed with our external auditors in the prior year. These accounts have been passed to the external auditor for their review.
The latest draft accounts as passed to the external auditor can be found at the link below:
Stating that these are still subject to audit and that the auditor has not been able to issue his opinion on the Statement of Accounts by 30th November 2020.
- Audited Statement of Accounts 2017/18
- Annual Audit letter 2017/18
- Audited Statement of Accounts 2016/17
- ISA260 audit report to members for 2016/17
- Certification of Housing Benefits 2016/17
- Annual Audit letter 2016/17
- Audited Statement of Accounts 2015/16
- ISA260 Audit report to members for 2015/16
- Annual Audit letter 2014/15
- Audited Statement of Accounts 2014/15
- Annual Audit Letter 2013/14
- Audited Statement of Accounts 2013/14
- ISA260 External Auditor Report 2013/2014
- 2012-13 Annual Audit Letter
- How your money was spent 2012/2013
- Notice of conclusion of Audit and Deposit of Accounts 2012-2013
- Audited Financial Statements 2012/2013
- ISA260 External Auditor Report 2012/2013
- How your money was spent 2011/2012
- Audited Financial Statements Year Ended 31st March 2012
- ISA260 External Auditor Report 2011-12
- ISA260 - External Auditor Report 2010-11
- Audited Financial Statements for year ended 31st March 2011
- Revenue Budget 2010/2011
- Certification of grants and returns 2010/11