Transfer or Change of Vehicle

What do I need to know?

You will need:

  • Insurance Certificate or Cover Note. To include use as a Taxi or Private Hire Vehicle
  • Mechanical Certificate from Motoright Ltd, Hogwood Garage Ltd, Unit F, Weller Drive, Hogwood Lane Ind. Est., Finchampstead RG40 4QZ Tel: 018 973 6020
  • MoT Certificate if applicable (Hackney Carriage Vehicle over 1 year old / Private Hire Vehicle over 3 years old)
  • V5C (Registration Certificate) or V5C/2 new keeper slip or V55 for a new car
  • The temporary vehicle licence plate will be valid for 1 month (unless otherwise specified). There will be a fee of £20 if
    for each additional plate that is required Fees and Charges
  • Taximeter Certificate (Applicable to Hackney Carriages, and Private Hire if fitted)
  • Receipt for Transfer Fee. Fees and Charges

Fair Processing Statement 

This authority is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end may use the information you have provided on this form for the prevention and detection of fraud. It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes. For further information, see or contact

How to apply

Complete the Application to Transfer or Change a Vehicle.