Private Hire Operator Licensing Fees 2023/2024
Notice is hereby given that Surrey Heath Borough Council intends to vary the Private Hire Operator licence fees in accordance with section 70 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976.
Hackney Carriage & Private Hire Information
Please note: If you need to see a member of the Licensing section, they will only be available between the hours of 10.00am and 12.00 noon and 2.00pm and 4.00pm. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hackney Carriage (Taxi) and Prive Hire Licensing Policy 2021-2026
- Hackney Carriage (Taxi) and Prive Hire Convictions Policy
- Driver's Licence
- Vehicle Licence
- Transfer or change ownership
- Operator's Licence
- Change of Address Form
- Licence Committee Meeting
- Taxi Complaint Form
List of Licensed Drivers, Vehicles (including Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles) and Operators
- Register of Licensed Drivers
- Register of Licensed Vehicles
- Register of Private Hire Operators
- List of Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles
Hackney Carriages mainly work from Surrey Heath public ranks only. The public can flag them down on the street when the driver is plying for hire. They can also be pre-booked.
Private Hire vehicles are only available by prior booking and through a private hire operator's office. They are not allowed on 'taxi' ranks and cannot be used to ply for hire. Members of the public cannot flag them down.
For more information on Surrey Heath Community Transport.
Assistance Dogs - Guidance
There are four easy ways to check you are getting into a licensed taxi:
- Does the vehicle have an illuminated light that is clearly visible - either on top of the taxi or inside the vehicle?
- Is there a local authority licence plate displayed on the rear of the vehicle?
- Is there a current licence number displayed inside the taxi on the windscreen?
- Does the driver have a current local authority identity badge?
Read more about Taxi Safety.
Children and young people can be exploited anywhere, but taxi, fast food outlets, cafes and shopping centres are particularly common sites where you may be able to spot the signs.
If you apply for a taxi licence, your personal information will be stored and shared by Surrey Heath Borough Council. For more information about how we process and share your data please visit the licensing privacy notice here.