What do I need to know?

There is no fee payable to Surrey Heath Borough Council

If you wish to show, demonstrate or perform a hypnotism act in public, you must have authorisation from the local authority in England and Wales.

If you are performing in Scotland, you must have permission, or the premises must hold a premises or other entertainment licence. Permission in Scotland is obtained from the authority issuing the premises licences.

You must comply with any conditions attached to an authorisation.

What happens next?

If I don't hear from you for 4 weeks, can I assume it's been granted ("tacit consent")?

No. It is in the public interest that the authority must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from the us within a reasonable period, please contact us.

If I'm turned down, how do I appeal?

Please contact us in the first instance.