Should you require further information then please contact
Tel: 01276 707100
Fax : 01276 707177
Email: Corporate -
Or write to us at:
Surrey Heath Borough Council
Complaints and Compliments to Surrey Heath Borough Council
The aim of Surrey Heath Borough Council is to provide the best service it can and the way of doing this is to listen to residents and customers particularly where the service is not up to standard. If you are not satisfied with a service, the Council need to hear from you so that things can be put right for you and for others. Also we would like to hear from you if you are satisfied with the service you have received and would like to give us positive feedback.
How to Make Your Complaint/Compliment
- write to the Council at the address above to the right
- complete a Complaints/Compliments Feedback formFile Type: Adobe PDF document, File Size:93.59 Kb (14 seconds @ 56K) Opens in a new window (which are available from the Council Offices) or
- complete an online Complaints/Compliments Feedback form.
- Complaints PolicyFile Type: Adobe PDF document, File Size:45.71 Kb (7 seconds @ 56K) Opens in a new window
- Persistent Complainant PolicyFile Type: Adobe PDF document, File Size:33.42 Kb (5 seconds @ 56K) Opens in a new window
What Happens Next?
On receipt of your complaint you will be advised who/which department will be looking into your complaint.
How Long Will This Take?
Complaints are dealt with as quickly as possible and are acknowledged in two working days. Some take longer than others but the aim is to reply in full within 10 working days. However, if your complaint is to take any longer, you will receive an explanation as to why and when a full reply may be expected.
Your Right to Appeal
If you are not happy with the outcome of your complaint you can appeal in writing to the Chief Executive explaining your reasons/grounds of appeal. If you are still dissatisfied with the Council's investigations, you can refer your complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman who is independent from the Council and investigates allegations of maladministration by local authorities.
About the Local Government Ombudsman
The Ombudsman who deals with Surrey Heath borough Council can be contacted at:
London SW1P 4QP
Advice Line: 0845 6021983
You can also visit their website at www.lgo.org.uk Opens in a new window
- Complaint about the Council - How to complain to the Local Government Ombudsman Opens in a new window
Uphappy with a Councillor's behaviour
Complaints against Borough COuncillors, Parish Councillors and Independent Representatives of the Borough Council's Standards Committee are dealt with by a separate process. Complaints against County Councillors are dealt with by Surrey County Council.
This service or information is provided by Surrey Heath Borough Council