- To apply use either the online form (on the right) or download the application form at the bottom of the page
County Sports people who live in the Borough of Surrey Heath may be entitled to free access to the leisure facilities in the area.
Elite is Active Surrey's brand new talented athlete support scheme that proudly assists local young athletes prepare for future Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The scheme is for national level athletes and will give the very best support athletes need to reach their full potential and develop to world class level. Through the scheme, over 30 local leisure centres, training facilities and sports therapists have collaboratively offered discounts to their services in order to reduce the financial burden young athletes face in striving to make it to the very top of their sport. In return, Elite members will become ambassadors for these local facilities, assisting with local events and coaching sessions.
Members of the Elite scheme benefit from:
- Free access to 3 leisure centres in Surrey
- Discounted sports therapy services in Surrey including nutrition, physiotherapy, sports massage and psychology
- Opportunity to raise their profile through events & PR
For more details about Elite or to become a member, please apply here.
Facilities offering free access for county sportspeople (FACS)
Arena Leisure Centre
Grand Avenue, Camberley
Tel: 01276 417111
Free access to 25m swimming pool, fitness studio and sports hall.
Times available: Before 5pm weekdays and all weekend.
Lightwater Leisure Centre
Lightwater Country Park
The Avenue, Lightwater,,GU18 5RG
Lightwater leisure Centre
Terms and Conditions
All FACS scheme users:
- Must be of County standard or above in their sport and provide a supporting letter from their governing body.
- Must be a resident of Surrey Heath.
- Must show a valid FACS card on every visit to the facility.
- Will be restricted to the use of facilities that complement the sport that they represent their County in.
- Must only use facilities when they are available and cannot prevent the use by a paying customer.
- Cannot book free facilities in advance.
- Must pay the full fees for any facilities used outside of the times listed above.
- If the fitness suite is used the user must be 16 years or over (unless otherwise stated) and induction must be completed and paid for.
How to apply:
- Complete the online form (on the right) or
- Download and complete the FACS Application Form at the bottom of this page
- Submit 2 passport size photographs and evidence from your governing body confirming your current status.
- Send to:
The Sports Development Officer
Surrey Heath Borough Council, Knoll Road, Camberley, Surrey GU15 3HD
N.B. The authority reserves the right to terminate membership should any breach of the FACS scheme conditions occur, or should reasonable grounds be given by the facility manager.