A typical design review process will be as follows:
- Recognition by developer that the proposal will be likely to trigger a design review
- Pre-application submitted with Design and Access statement including information on design concept and principles
- Formal recognition by Surrey Heath that a design review is required
- Design appraisal by Council
- Design comments, along with other planning related feedback, sent to developer team
- Iterative process of design refinement between Council and developer
- Submission of design to D:SE for Panel Review
- Further design refinement by developer following Panel Review. (May involve further collaborative working with Council)
- If required – submission of revised design to D:SE for further comment
- Finalisation of scheme design
- Submission of refined design as part of a formal planning application.
The design review process will incur the D:SE fee which is additional to the normal planning pre-app fees charged by Surrey Heath.
The D:SE fee is currently set at £4,025 + VAT (+expenses) for the first review.