Released on 29 May 2012
Diamond Jubilee fever has crept into Surrey Heath!
Surrey Heath Borough Council has received 26 street party applications to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee in June.
There are also many larger events happening in the borough, including:
* 'Canalside Jubilee' at Frimley Lodge Park on June 2, 3 and 4 from 12-5pm. Organised by Surrey and Hants Canal Society a number of boats are expected on the canal as the event is to celebrate the 21 years since the Royal re-opening of the Basingstoke Canal as well as the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. A selection of attractions from fairground rides and bouncy castle to live music and dancers, plus lots more.
* Lightwater Jubilee Celebration at Lightwater Recreation Ground, Saturday June 2, from 12-4pm. With jazz, dancing, stalls and refreshments.
* Diamond Jubilee Picnic in the Park, London Road Recreation Ground Camberley on June 3, from 12-4pm. Bring your own picnic! Organised by the Southwell Park Road Residents Association, there will be Cricket, face painting, a royalty themed fancy dress competition.
* Queen's Diamond Jubilee Street Party in Bagshot High Street on June 3, from 2-6pm. Children's entertainment, Maypole dancing, live music, stalls and fashion show.
* Diamond Jubilee Parade & Lighting of the Surrey Heath Beacon on Monday June 4. Meet at 9pm at the top of Henley Drive, Frimley Green. The beacon will be lit at the Frimley Green Recreation Ground.
* Queen's Diamond Jubilee 'Party in the Park' hosted by Heatherside Community Association on Tuesday 5 June at Heatherside Recreation Ground from 2-9pm.
Surrey Heath Museum is also celebrating the Jubilee by having a special display of items from the Museum's collection. This includes souvenir crockery from Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee in 1897 and a table cloth that was used as part of a backdrop at the crowning of our Queen.
Leader of Surrey Heath Borough Council Councillor Moira Gibson says: "I am delighted that Surrey Heath has so many wonderful events planned for this very special Jubilee weekend. This is a once in a lifetime event and I know lots of fun is going to be had by all."