Released on 25 May 2012
The Windle Valley Centre is "just the best" with "a good menu and friendly people", according to its users who gave it the thumbs-up in a recent survey.
Open Monday to Friday, the centre in Bagshot offers older people a two course lunch and the opportunity to get out, make friends and enjoy a range of activities.
More than 100 regular users took part in the survey carried out by Surrey Heath Borough Council, who run the centre.
The results revealed that 85 per cent liked the choice of food and menus offered and the remaining 15 per cent are very happy with them.
More than 96% are happy with their allotted arrival and departure times from the centre, while nearly 98% said they mix and talk to other users at the centre.
Card games and bingo, talks by guest speakers and crafts such as painting are some of the activities users said they enjoy most.
When asked what they would like to see provided in the future, more than half of respondents said a film club and visits and talks from different community groups.
Surrey Heath's portfolio holder for community Councillor Vivienne Chapman said: "We'd like to thank all our users who took part in the survey as the feedback means we can continue to offer services or activities our clients enjoy as well as consider new ones to bring in. Since the survey we are already taking views on board and have started a film club which is proving really popular."
As part of changes to Community Services, from October 2010 the council increased the operational times of Windle Valley from three to five days a week. Open to all older people, the centre offers a priority service to customers in the greatest need or with reduced mobility.