Surrey Heath Museum is a local museum telling the stories of the area's past - covering the Stone Age, Iron Age, Roman times, Medieval Surrey Heath, Early Transportation, Highwayman, Coaching Inns, The Royal Military College, the Area's Agricultural and Horticultural past, the Development of Camberley and much more.
It opened in the 1930's and the original collections were donated by the first curator George Poulter; since that date they have grown and cover both the areas unique past and the modern history of Surrey Heath.
Open Wednesday to Saturday,11.00am - 5.00pm, admission free
Disabled access is via ramp leading to the front door or via the lift leading to the back entrance.
Toddler Tuesdays, Drop-in 10.30am-12pm, 50p donation
- Teddy Bears' Picnic 8 September
- Big Drawing 13 October
- Remembrance Wreaths 10 November
- Roaming Reindeers 8 December
NEW Toddlers' Saturday Spin-offs; it's like Toddler Tuesdays but on a Saturday! Drop-in 10:30am-12pm, 50p donation
School Holiday Activities, Drop-in 10.30am-12pm
- Summer Fun Every Thursday throughout August £2.50
- Creepy Crafts 28-31 October
- Christmas Crackers 19 December
European Local Democracy Week 2015
18th July to 29th August
Surrey Heath’s Summer in Art – Paintings from the museum’s permanent collection capturing Surrey Heath Summer past and present.
- Foyer Display – Windlesham and Camberley Camera Club 80th year.
10th to 29th August
Foyer Display - ‘Deepcut – Our Lives’ – Community project with Windle Valley Youth Project
5th Sept to 31st October
Music Makers Revisited
The musical associations of the area go back over a century and include many genres of music from classical to pop, rock to skiffle. This exhibition covers the history of music locally, the music industry names of the area and how it has shaped our borough. The Century of Sound music festival was inspired by this exhibition.
- Foyer Display – New Musical Donations to the Museum Collection.
7th Nov to 23rd Dec
Frimley and Camberley Art Society
A return annual exhibition at the museum by the vibrant and talented local art society.
- Foyer Display – Surrey Guild of Craftsmen
- Both of the above are selling exhibitions.
£2.50, please book in advance
- The Music Makers of Surrey Heath - Fri 11 Sept 2 - 3:30pm
- Ethel Smyth – Professor Christopher Wiley, University of Surrey - Tues 15 Sept 6:30 – 8pm
- Arthur Sullivan - Peter Joslin - Wed 23 Sept 6:30 – 8pm
- Two World Wars of Music – Alan Grace - Wed 21 Oct 6:30-8pm
Surrey Heath Walks
Find out about the history of our area on these walking tours
£2.50 please book in advance
- ‘The in-between walk’ between Camberley and Yorktown – Fri 25 Sept 6-7:30
- Yorktown Walk - Wed 7 Oct 5-6:30
The Museum Shop is open from Wednesday to Saturday (11.00am - 5.00pm)
Thanks to our supporters