Skip to content
What's New
Site Map
A-Z Services
Website Help
Access key details

28 July 2015

What do I have to do under the Party Wall Act?


What do I have to do under the Party Wall Act?


The local authority do not enforce the Party Wall Act. You may be required to enter into negotiations with your neighbour if you are carrying out work to, on or near the party wall or boundary. You may need the services of a Party Wall Surveyor. Details can be obtained from the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.

More information online
View a booklet on the requirements of the Act Opens in a new window

This advice relates solely to Building Control Opens in a new window matters and you should consult the planning pages of the website or the planning portal Opens in a new window website for advice on planning matters.

Was this answer helpful?
1. It was very useful
2. It was satisfactory
3. It was adequate
4. It didn't help at all

Back to FAQs list 

Expand footer to view Surrey local services website links and more
Collapse footer