20 May 2013
Surrey Heath Staff Benefits
The Council recognises that its main asset is its staff. In recognition of this the Council offers a generous benefits package which is currently as follows:
- Final Salary Pension Scheme (Employee contributions 6%, Employer year contributions according to full time equivalent salary, ranging from 5.5% to 7.5%. Employer's Contribution rate is currently 15.7% of the employee's pensionable pay.
- Annual Leave Entitlement of a minimum of 23 days.
- An additional 5 days annual leave after 5 years continuous Local Government service.
- Private medical healthcare plan for all staff graded SH6 and above after 1 year of service and for all staff after 5 years' continuous Surrey Heath Borough Council service.
- Two times salary Life Assurance cover for all staff in the Pension Scheme.
- Free parking for all staff.
- Generous mileage allowance.
- Subsidised gym membership at the Arena Leisure Centre (currently £27.50 per month single, £54.50 joint. Standard rate is £45 per month).
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
- VDU eye examinations every 2 years.
- Free vaccinations when / where appropriate.
- Regular health promotions.
- Access to reduced travel insurance.
- Staff uniforms for Contact Centre employees.
- Commitment to regular training linked to Corporate objectives and supporting Professional training where appropriate.
Employees at the Council have the opportunity to apply for flexible working. Depending on the role and individual circumstances, this can include working part time, job sharing, condensed hours and time off to care for dependants.
Depending on where you work in the organisation, employees are also eligible for flexitime, this gives our employees the freedom to be able to start and finish work in 'core hours' and build up 'flexitime' to build up extra leave time.