Following the announcements by HMRC in December 2016, we implemented the introduction of VAT on all CON29 and CON29O products from 1st January 2017. This means that all our current prices for CON29 searches will be increased by 20% to reflect the VAT applied.
From Monday 4th July 2016, the CON29 2016 edition took effect and the CON29 2007 edition is no longer be available (we are therefore be unable to accept search requests relating to the CON29 2007 edition from this date).
Please submit CON29 2016 edition search requests using the forms available via the Law Society website: http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/news/stories/law-society-revised-con-29-and-con-29o-forms/
|Surrey Heath Borough Council Local Search fees
Fees from 1 April 2018
1 April 2018
1 April 2018
Please Note:Remember to send in your plans with the application by post) or
You can email the LLC1 once completed including your scanned plans to: email@example.com
|£38.50 (No VAT)||£38.50 (No VAT)|
|Additional Parcel||£6.45 (No VAT)||£6.45 (No VAT)|
|Basic Search LLC1 + CON29 Residential
Download the LLC1 Form
Land Charges - CON29
|£207.70 (£38.50 No VAT + £169.20
CON29 fee [£141.00 net + £28.20 VAT])
|£253.74 (£38.50 No VAT + £215.24
CON29 fee [£179.37 net + £35.87 VAT])
|Additional Parcel (LLC1 + CON29)||£19.30 (£6.45 No VAT + £12.85 [£10.71 fee + £2.14 VAT])||£19.30 (£6.45 No VAT + £12.85 [£10.71 fee + £2.14 VAT])|
|CON29O Optional Enquiry (If submitted at the same time as a basic search).
|£20.44 (£17.03 fee + £3.41 VAT)||£20.44 (£17.03 fee + £3.41 VAT)|
|CON29O Optional Enquiry (If not submitted at the same time as a basic search).||£38.55 (£32.13 fee + £6.242 VAT)||£38.55 (£32.13 fee + £6.242 VAT)|
|Additional Enquiry Own Words (If submitted at the same time as a basic search).**See note below||£21.42 (No VAT)||£21.42 (No VAT)|
|Additional Enquiry Own Words (If not submitted at the same time as a basic search).**See note below||£42.85 (No VAT)||£42.85 (No VAT)|
**Please note that Highway related additional enquiries should be sent directly to Surrey County Council who charge according to their own fee scales.
Refresher Search £32.10 (with the following conditions)
1. Residential properties only.
2. Same applicant as original basic search.
3. Same area as original basic search.
4. Within six months of the original basic search.
NLIS Channel Provider Contact Details:
Tel: 0870 7877625
Thames Water Property Insight
Tel: 0118 9251 504
Other Providers of Electronic Searches
TM Property Service
Tel: 0844 249 9200
Submission of Search
Please note that search applications must include the following when submitted to be accepted for processing:
- A correct and clear address to be searched against.
- Three copies of an up to date site plan showing the boundaries of the property or land to be searched against, clearly hatched or marked in red.
- The correct fee (please see fee scales)
If a search is submitted by a solicitor, cheques drawn on Solicitor's client accounts are preferred. We will accept personal cheques, but only on the distinct understanding of the Solicitor's undertaking to reimburse the Council if the cheque is not cleared.
Please make cheques payable to "Surrey Heath Borough Council".
Response Times for Local Authority Searches
Our current average response time for all searches is one working day.
Cancellation of Searches
Should you wish to cancel your request for a search, the following refunds apply:
- Cancellation on day of receipt before 10am - Full Refund.
- Cancellation prior to search being completed- £50.00 Refund
- Cancellation once completed - No Refund
(please note our turnaround times).
If your search has been submitted via NLIS, please contact your channel provider promptly. You may also care to inform us directly.
Other Related Fees
Has your completed search gone missing?
We can provide you with a further copy for a fee of £10.00
You may wish to request these from the Local Land Charges Section, some have set fees as below and are payable in advance.
- Copy Planning Decision £20.60
Copy Tree Preservation Order £41.20
For copies of Building Regulation Approvals, please contact Building Control on 01276 707100.
Personal Inspections of Land Charges Register
An appointment is required to be made by 12 noon the proceeding day and subject to availability, giving the name of the person/company carrying out the Personal Search, their contact number and a full description against which the search is to be carried out. Details of any additional information required. A plan clearly hatched must be faxed by 1pm on the day preceding the search to 01276 707337.
The Local Land Charges Service aims to give a prompt and effective service, responding to most requests within the timescale shown below:
We aim to:
- Complete a Non Standard Local Authority Search within 3 working days
- Complete a Standard Local Authority Search within 3 working days
- Respond to all letters and e-mails that require a response within 7 working days unless you are specifically informed.
Our commitment to you:
- For our services to be accessible to you
- To treat you in a caring manner
- To treat you fairly and with equality
- To provide you with a quality service and to get it right first time.
- To be transparent, open and honest and ensure your privacy in all our dealings with you.
- To Listen to what you say and learn from our dealings with you
- To value our team and expect that you will treat them with the same respect that you would expect from us.
Your suggestions, complaints, comments and compliments are important to us, because we can learn from them and they will help us to improve the Local Land Charges Service we provide to you.