The Council has a speaking scheme which allows members of the public and representatives of amenity groups, residents' associations and business associations to speak in relation to some planning applications.
Applications which are being determined by the Planning Applications Committee are eligible for public speaking if one of the following criteria is met:
For an application for a development within an urban or village settlement:
- 10 or more written representations from separate households or businesses have been received at least 14 days before the date of the Committee meeting;
- a petition, signed by more than 50 signatories, including addresses, in relation to the application
has been received at least 14 days before the date of the Committee meeting.
For an application for a development outside an urban or village settlement:
- 5 or more written representations from separate households or businesses;
- a petition signed by more than 25 signatories, including addresses, in relation to the application.
- In addition, a representative of an amenity group, residents' association or business association, registered with the Council*, may be eligible to speak on an application.
* To register your organisation with the Council for public speaking purposes:
or contact Democratic Services team on 01276 707100 or email email@example.com for an application form
An objector or supporter can only speak by prior arrangement.
For further information, please contact Surrey Heath House, Knoll Road, Camberley, Surrey GU15 3HD, or telephone 01276 707100, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.