23 May 2013
Awards & Achievements
Over the past couple of years Surrey Heath Borough Council has been recognised for its excellent work in a number of areas, these include:
- Shaw Trust - Web Accessibility The Shaw Trust web accreditation process is rigorous. Over 60 hours of testing by disabled web users goes into each and every accreditation.
- Equality Framework for Local Government - Achieving level.
- The Atrium, Camberley wins Gold
Surrey Heath Borough Council and The Atrium, Camberley have won a top retail property Gold award from the British Council of Shopping Centres.
- My Protected Trees Application
Highly commended in the Association of Geographic Industries Innovation and Best Practice category 2007
- Local Land and Property Gazetteer
Runner up - National Land and Property Gazetteer. Exemplar Awards in the Most Creative Use category
SOCITM Better Connected awarded the Council website in the top 20 UK Local Authority websites in 2005, 2007, 2008 2009 and 2011 a 4 Star Excellent result was achieved with only 9 of the 433 Councils attaining this level.
- Green Flag 2011
Frimley Lodge Park has been awarded a prestigious Green Flag Award for the eleventh consecutive year for its high-quality standards, cleanliness, upkeep and facilities.
- Park Mark (Safer Parking)
The Main Square Multi Sotrey car park was assessed and rated as a well run facility on three inspection occasions and has a low crime rate.
Quest is the UK Quality Scheme for Sports & Leisure. Following an assessment in March 2009 the Arena Leisure Centre was awarded a score of 85%. This was a 9% improvement form their last assessment in January 2007.85% is rated as excellent and places the centre 11th out of 650 registered centres in the country.
- Equality Standard Level 2
In October 2008 the Council achieved Level 2 of the Equality Standard by undertaking an Equality Impact Needs and Requirement Assessments in each service.
- Information & Communications Technology with ISO 9001
Quality Management System standard.
- Investors in People - Silver award