20 June 2013
Housing Needs Survey 2008
Surrey Heath Borough Council formally commissioned DCA in August 2008 to carry out a Borough-wide Housing Needs Survey as part of a wider North West Surrey North East Hants Strategic Housing Market Assessment. Details of population projects and the current housing market will be exclusive to the final SHMA document.
The purpose of the study was to undertake a comprehensive and robust housing needs assessment, to obtain high quality information about current and future housing needs at a local authority level, to inform the development of polices and underpin local housing strategies.
The aims of the housing needs element of the survey were to establish an up-to-date and comprehensive understanding of housing needs across all Tenures and client group.
The objective of the project was to provide a robust and comprehensive analysis to:-
- Estimates of current dwellings in terms of size, type, condition, tenure;
- Analysis of past and current housing market trends, including balance between supply and demand in different housing sectors and price/incomes/affordability;
- Description of key drivers underpinning the housing market;
- Estimate of total future number of households, broken down by age and type
- where possible;
- Estimate of current number of households in housing need;
- Estimate of future households that will require market housing & affordable
- Estimate of the size of affordable housing required;
- Estimate of household groups who have particular housing requirements eg families; older people, key workers, black and minority ethnic groups, disabled people,young people, etc.
View the final Housing Needs Survey Report 2008File Type: Adobe PDF document, File Size:693.58 Kb (101 seconds @ 56K) Opens in a new window